Colliers Wood Driving School
One of the services offered by many driving schools in the Colliers Wood area is called Pass Plus. This is a course designed especially for new drivers, and by completing it you may be able to get a discount on your car insurance.
Here is an at-a-glance guide to the Pass Plus course, to help you decide whether it’s right for you:
- the Pass Plus course can only be run by registered and approved driving instructors – so be sure to ask your Colliers Wood driving school for evidence that they’re approved to run the course. You can contact the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency to check a driving instructor is registered too.
- the course takes at least 6 hours – it could be longer
- it has 6 modules, covering driving in 6 different scenarios: driving in town, in all weathers, on rural roads, at night, on dual carriageways and on motorways
- you won’t take a test at the end, but your Colliers Wood driving school instructor will assess your driving throughout the course – you’ll only be judged to have completed the course if you reach the required standard on every module
- when you’ve been judged to have reached the required standard, your Colliers Wood driving school instructor will give you a form you can use to apply for the Pass Plus certificate
- the cost of Pass Plus will vary according to which SW19 driving school you use, but some local councils offer discounts – check with your council to find out.